It’s time for another edition of my slow cooker series. I’ve decided to do a slow cooker post every Thursday. It might be a tall order as the semester gets under way. We’ll see. This week I did pork chops and they turned out pretty good!
5-6 thick-sliced pork chops
2 tart apples
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
2 small onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
1 tablespoon raw honey
2. Melt the oil in a large frying pan on the stove.
3. Once the oil is hot, brown the pork chops on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Put your chops in the slow cooker.
5. Place the apple slices in the drying pan, along with the walnuts, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until onions and apples are soft.
6. Pour the apple mixture over the pork chops.
7. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the meat and drizzle with the honey.
8. Cover and lower the temperature to low. Cook for 8 hours.